Upgrade Of Reverse Osmosis Units And Support Facilities
The major scope of work consists of the following:
- Expansion of the potable water production capacities at the existing R.O. Water Plant Facilities, e.g. WTP1, WTP2 and WTP3.
- Construction of associated support facilities including Raw Water Supply System and Potable Water Distribution Networks and addition of pumps @ Northwest Pumping Stations (NWPS).
The expansion of the existing R.O. Plants covers:
- Three (3) new 7,570 m3 / day Water Treatment Plants, e.g. WTP1, WTP2 and WTP3 (BLOCK C)
- Re-arrangement of WTP3 (BLOCK A&B) by adding the existing WTP3 (BLOCK C) and R.O. Plant components in order to increase the combined output of Block A & B to 15,140m3 / day.
The expansion of the existing Water Treatment Plant Support Facilities include the following:
- New Pump Station @ WTP2 comprising of four (4) pumps.
- One (1) new Potable Water Storage Tank of 7,500 m3 / day.
- Four (4) new Raw Water Deep Wells.
- Four (4) replacement Raw Water Wells.
- One (1) in-line Well Pump.
- A Raw Water Line from Northwest well field to WTP3.
- A replacement Raw Water Line from Tareeq 101 to WTP2.
There are (fifteen) 15 raw water deep wells wherein two (2) are independent wells. The raw water is fed to the Pre-treatment Plants both @ WTP2 and WTP3, which is then fed to the R.O. Plant for potable water Production. Thirteen (13) wells are connected to a Transmission System. Out of these thirteen (13), six (6) are in the East Corridor (Wells # 1, 2, 10, 11, 12, 13), while seven (7) wells are in the Northwest Corridor (Wells # 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9). In addition to these existing wells, there are new wells drilled and installed, e.g. Well # 20, 21, 22 and 13.